Turf Replacement Rebate Program
The Turf Replacement Rebate Program provides rebates to Carmichael Water District customers to convert water-thirsty lawns to water-efficient landscapes. Funding is limited and applications will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis. Submission of an application does not guarantee funding. Participants are eligible for one lawn replacement rebate per property. CWD reserves the right to modify or terminate this program at any time, for any reason. Participation in the program requires that all the program terms and conditions be met. If these requirements are not met, the rebate will be denied.
- Program is NOT retroactive. Projects underway or completed prior to the application approval are not eligible.
- The Turf Replacement Rebate Program is available to residential and non-residential customers within CWD’s service area and must have water supplied solely by CWD. Applicant must be the property owner of record, or his or her authorized representative. The applicant’s water account must be in good standing.
- Lawn areas to be converted must be currently maintained and irrigated by an operating sprinkler system. Dead lawns, due to drought-related watering reductions, may be eligible and will be assessed on an individual basis. Evidence of previous lawn such as existing turf, borders, remnants of turf, or existing operational turf irrigation systems must be present; dirt or weed-filled areas are not eligible.
- Conversion of lawn/turf must be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rebate program.
Forms & Documents
Information for Applicants
Please review the Terms and Conditions before submitting your application. After completion of your project, the following documents must be submitted via email to email@example.com:
- five (5) photographs of the converted area;
- completed form W-9 (PDF).